LOVING THE LOIRE
Finding a job in the wine business is not easy but in 2001, Eric Solomon of European Cellars took a chance on a young man with little experience and made him Director of Operations. Before long, Jon-David Headrick was General manager of the company. He then struck out on his own and created a portfolio of wines from the Loire Valley and Champagne, two regions with which he had long been intensely passionate. Perhaps destiny, in 2013 the two portfolios came back together under the umbrella of European Cellars.
When founded in 2005, Jon-David Headrick Selections was named “Best New Specialist Importer” by Wine and Spirits magazine as well as “Wine Importer You Can Trust” by Slate magazine. Headrick’s work has been featured in French media outlets Radio France, La Nouvelle Republique and TV Tours as well as American publications such as the Washington Post, Food and Wine magazine and many others. In 2010, the French government appointed Jon-David a Chevalier dans l’Ordre du Merite Agricole, one of the highest civilian awards given by the government of France. The rank of Chevalier (knight) is a lifetime appointment and is given to acknowledge outstanding service to French agriculture.
Jon-David will regale you with stories of the vineyards as you enjoy his wines of great purity and minerality. Your evening will include a broad cross-section of wines from his portfolio perfectly paired with Bricco’s award-winning cuisine. It will be an evening-long remembered.
To assure you and your guests arrive home safely, Unique Limousine and The Salinger Family will provide luxury transportation for the evening.
- Hors d’oeuvres and a five-course dinner for ten in your home hosted by Jon-David Headrick of European Cellars, Importers of Domaine Vacheron in Sancerre and prepared by the staff of Bricco
- Round trip limousine service provide by Unique limousine and the Salinger family
(Must originate within thirty miles of Harrisburg, York or Lancaster)
Wines to include:
- Champagne Henri Dosnon Brut, NV
- Louis de Grenelle Saumur Brut “Corail,” 2017
- Domaine du Viking Vouvray Tendre, 2018
- Claude Riffault Sancerre Blanc “Les Chasseignes” 2018
- Domaine Saint Nicholas Fièfs Vendéens Gammes en May, 2018
- Jean-Francois Merieau Cot “Cent Visages” 2017
- Domaine du Viking “Cuvée Aurélie,” 1989
- Please allow 60-days’ advance notice
- Based on the availability of Mr. Headrick and the Bricco staff
- May not be redeemed for cash
- Must be used by April 30, 2021
Jon-David Headrick, European Cellars
Verity Wine Partners
Greenwood Hospitality Group/Bricco
Unique Limousine and The Salinger Family