Blissfully isolated in the farthest corner of the globe, New Zealand is a land of stunning contrast – a place where rugged mountains melt into secluded bays, a place where the terrain challenges the body, the beauty challenges credulity and the wine challenges the palate. Your group of four will start your trip on the North Island in Hawkes Bay, the northernmost point on the Classic New Zealand Wine Trail. Hawkes Bay is known for sumptuous and complex reds, chardonnay and stylish Art Deco-infused country living.
Dan Brennan, owner and winemaker of Decibel Wines, will be your gracious host and personal guide. A Philadelphia native, Dan has taken the New Zealand wine scene by storm, garnering ratings of 90, 92, 93, 94, and 95 points by the likes of Robert Parker for his “Amplified” Malbec and his Martinborough Pinot Noir. Dan will be your guide (and driver) through four to five days of winery excursions to include a private barbecue at Paritua Vineyards and an incredible dinner hosted by Dan and his Winery Chef at Decibel.
Next enjoy the scenic three-hour drive to Martinborough, a beautiful village that produces the best Pinot Noir in the southern hemisphere. You will continue your winery explorations here and will also be treated to a tour of the fabulous boutique Gin Distillery.
Finally, finish your once-in-a-lifetime trip with a stay in Wellington to enjoy a bit of city life on the waterfront, museums, great restaurants and culture. You really have to see this amazing place and what better way than to have a private guide!
- Two rooms for six nights in Hawkes Bay at either the Porters Hotel in Havelock North or the Breckenridge Lodge
- Two rooms for two nights in Martinborough at The Martinborough Hotel
- Two rooms for one night in Wellington at The Intercontinental Wellington
- Six private VIP winery tours and barrel tastings hosted by Dan Brennan, owner of Decibel Vineyards
- Private wine dinner at Decibel Vineyards hosted by Dan Brennan and his Winery Chef
- Private barbecue at Paritua Vineyards
- Guided tour to Martinborough to include a tour of the boutique Gin Distillery
- Rental of a mini bus with Dan Brennan as your driver
- This trip is for six people
- Please allow 120-days’ advance notice
- Based upon the availability of Dan Brennan – Dan is not available during harvest (mid-March – April) or until the last week in January. February, early March and November are usually the most pleasant times to visit New Zealand.
- May not be redeemed for cash
- Airfare is not included
- Trip must be taken by April 30, 2021
Donated by: Dan Brennan