Billecart-Salmon is a high quality, medium sized Champagne house located in Mareuil-sur-Ay, France. Billecart-Salmon is the oldest continuously family-owned Champagne House. The house is now 200 years old having been founded in 1818 shortly after Nicolas Francois Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon married. It is notable that the house is one of the few that have remained family owned throughout its history. Since its inception, seven generations have succeeded each other in running the house. Motivated by a shared passion for wine, from vine to glass, each member of the family has brought their own personal touch to the house while always maintaining a visionary approach of giving utmost priority to quality and excellence.
Billecart-Salmon was ranked tenth among major Champagne houses by the Revue du vin de France. A magnum of Cuvee Nicolas-Francois Billecart 1959 won first place in judging for the Champagne of the Millenium when judged amongst 150 of the finest 20th century Champagnes. The magnum later sold for $3000.
This lot allows you to enjoy the breadth of quality and style that is represented by the Billecart portfolio. Enjoy! It’s always the right time for bubbly.
- Hors d’oeuvres and a multi-course ALL CHAMPAGNE dinner featuring the wines of Billecart-Salmon from Mareuil-sur-Ay hosted by Jennifer Brown and Pierre Chichportiche, Champagne Billecart-Salmon of Verity Wine Partners. Dinner will be in the 1700 Degrees Steak House private dining room.
Wines to Include:
- Billecart Brut Reserve NV
- Billecart Rosé NV
- Billecart Blanc de Blancs, 2006
- Billecart Extra Brut
- Billecart Sous Bois
- Billecart Nicolas François, 2002
- Billecart Demi-Sec NV
- This dinner is for thirty people
- This lot is date specific and will be held on Friday, January 24, 2020
- This lot is a Dutch auction. You will be bidding for two seats. All interested bidders will stand and will remain standing until the price is more than they care to The last fifteen bidders standing will win. The bid price called will be the price for one seat. Winning bidders will pay for two seats.
- Maximum of fifteen winning bidders
- May not be redeemed for
Verity Wine Partners / Billecart-Salmon
Greenwood Hospitality Group / Hilton Harrisburg