LUXURY IN THE LOIRE
Old world villages and storybook chateaux bedeck the Loire, once fought over by Gauls, Romans, Visigoths and even Attila the Hun. Rent bikes and roll through the lush valley, visiting fortresses in Amboise and Angers, the Chartres Cathedral and the Gothic Cathedral in Nantes. Musée Jules Vernes houses replicas of inventions designed by the futuristic author. Pay your respects to the other former residents: the Romans in Tours, the cave dwellers of Touraine and the liberator of Orleans, Joan of Arc.
Most importantly, visit for the wine and food. You’ll enjoy seven wonderful days of touring and tasting in the Loire Valley as you visit the producers represented by Verity Wine Partners. The wines reflect the terroir defined by a massive swath of chalk and slate that runs from the Atlantic Ocean through the Loire river valley and into Champagne. The “chalk line” produces wines of incredible purity, minerality and soul. The vast majority of the properties you’ll visit practice organic and biodynamic viticulture, harvest by hand and use indigenous yeasts.
You will begin your journey at the Hotel Famille Bourgeois located in the small village of Chavignol. This charming hotel is the ideal place for discovering Chavignol cheeses and Sancerre wines. Both the bistro and the restaurant serve only the best local produce. This hotel features a gourmet restaurant and bistro, and is surrounded by beautiful and idyllic countryside. You will have the opportunity to explore the forests, lakes, and vineyards stretching down to the River Loire.
Next you will travel to The Loire Valley Retreat, a small luxury villa nestled in the Chinon countryside, founded 1429. The atmosphere is luxurious, intimate, relaxed and friendly where you will find peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. The romantic ambiance will provide a wonderful respite for you to unwind, refresh and recharge for the next day’s activities.
- Two rooms for four nights at the Hotel Famille Bourgeois in Chavignol, Sancere
- Two days of wine tours at four Verity Wine Partners’ suppliers
- Two-bedroom villa for three nights at the Loire Valley Retreat Château de Chargé, circa 1429, in Chinon
- Breakfast basket upon arrival
- One day of touring and tastings with Jerome Field, owner of Loire Valley Retreat and Vino Bliss
- Educational wine tasting in the Château’s salon hosted by Jerome Field
- Rental car for eight days
- This trip is for four people
- Please allow 120-days’ advance notice
- May not be redeemed for cash
- May not be taken during the months of July, August and holidays
- Airfare not included
- Must be taken by April 30, 2021
Donated by: Verity Wine Partners