IT’S PRONOUNCED WILL-AM-ETTE, DAMN IT
The verdant Willamette Valley is Oregon’s most prestigious viticultural area and home to virtually all of its top wineries. Abundant rainfall, (most, but not all of it in the winter when the wines are dormant) and cool temperatures (thanks to air blowing from the Pacific ocean) make for a climate often compared to Burgundy, France. It should come as no surprise then, that Oregon’s specialty is Pinot Noir, a delicate and temperamental grape considered by many to make the most sensual red wine in the world. Pinot Gris (Grigio) is an up and coming Oregon white, delicious and an immensely food-compatible wine. Oregon’s cool, marginal climate is a major factor in the elegance that characterizes these wines.
This lot features tours at a virtual Hall of Fame of Oregon Pinot Noir producers. Compare and contrast as you visit the wineries whose quality has thrown down the gauntlet to the rest of the world for the term “Best Pinot Noir.”
You will enjoy this trip in the lap of luxury at your home base. The Allison Inn and Spa in Newberg is Oregon’s quintessential wine country lodging. Less than an hour’s drive beyond Portland, view snowcapped mountain ranges, rolling hillsides, working vineyards and agricultural farmlands. You may also view the Allison’s private collection of over 500 original works from 100 Oregon artists on display throughout the resort’s public areas and in all accommodations. A 107-page exhibition catalogue is placed in each room to enhance your experience.
- Two rooms for five nights at the luxurious Allison Inn and Spa
- VIP tour and tasting for four at Colene Clemens Vineyards
- VIP tour and tasting for four at Privé Vineyard including 1 ½ hours with owners and winemakers Mark and Tina Hammond, a vineyard tour, wine tasting and offering of club only wines, a lovely appetizer pairing and if the timing is proper, a barrel tasting of the current vintage – one bottle each of our two estate pinots, to be received at the winery.
- VIP tour and tasting for four at Archery Summit Winery
- VIP tour and tasting for four at Willamette Valley Vineyards
- VIP tour and tasting for four at Evening Land Vineyards
- Rental car for six days
- Please allow 120-days’ advance notice
- Based upon the availability of the wineries
- May not be taken during the month of August and holidays and weekends (for winery visits)
- May not be redeemed for cash
- Trip must be taken by April 30, 2021
Colene Clemens Vineyards
Archery Summit Winery
Willamette Valley Vineyards
Verity Wine Partners