IT’S ALL GREEK TO ME!
Enjoy the diverse beauty and contrast of the Greek Isles as you experience the country as a local.
This gastronomic and cultural tour of northern Greece and Santorini is a lifetime opportunity to tour Greece’s historic wine regions with Sotiris Bafitis, Greek Wine Portfolio Manager, Verity Wine Partners. Sotiris will be your personal tour guide and driver as you explore authentic Greece.
Discover the wonderful world of Greek wines, diverse cuisine, small production cheese and unfathomable beauty. Sotiris will personally guide you through the important wine regions, while exploring the local scenery, cuisine, and history.
Arrive to Thessaloniki a city situated in the gulf of Thermaikos. The city will have a view to Mount Olympus, the Seich Sou Hill and Thessaloniki’s Old Castles. It’s historic architectural style reflects on the city’s Byzantine history and heritage.
• Three rooms for nine nights throughout Greece
• Deluxe accommodations at the Daios Hotel and / or Exelcior Hotel
• Depart for Kavala
• One day – Kavala is the principal seaport of eastern Macedonia, located on the Egnatia Highway. The city was founded at about the end of 7th century BC
– Check in at “Imaret Hotel,” a stunning hotel and spa.
– Enjoy the city and have traditional dinner in the hotel.
• Kavala is the birthplace of Mohamed Ali Pasha and therefor has an Eastern feel to it. In 1813 Ali Pasha founded and supervised the construction of an impressive Imaret, Koranic school. In 2001, following an agreement with the Egyptian government, the house of Mohamed Ali has been turned into a hub for art and culture and within the premises of Imaret there is the monumental boutique hotel.
– Visit Biblia Hora winery in Kokkinohori (50 minutes from Kavala)
• Depart for bountiful Naoussa
– Two days
– Naoussa is surrounded by orchards and vineyards. The area is famous for its dry red wines, sold under the “Naoussa” PDO.
– Check in to the Boutique Hotel Palea Poli, housed in a 1900 stone-build mansion and centrally located in Naoussa.
• Visit “Argatia Winery”,
– Dr Haroula Spinthiropoulou owner of the winery, agronomist, specialist in viticulture, writer of the book “Grapevine Varieties of Greece,” will expose us to the wonders of Naoussa and the Xinomavro grape.
– Dinner at “Oenomageiremata” a local restaurant. We will try authentic Greek cuisine cooked by Chef Dimitris Tavoularis.
– We will also visit Chef Dimitris’ farm where we will the produce for him to cook.
– Visit “Kokkinos Winery” and enjoy the vineyards view, have a wine tasting and most likely a late lunch
• Depart for Village of Nymphaio, and Amyndeo
– One day
– The village is located at 1000m above sea level in the picturesque setting.
– After settling in, we will be joined by the Mr. Hartman (half Greek and half Dutch) who owns the Karanika Winery for Drinks and dinner.
– The following day we will visit the winery for a more in depth tasting.
• Depart for Thessaloniki
– We will stop by the winery of Dio Fili in Siatista for tasting and lunch
– We will end up in Thessaloniki for dinner and stay at Daios or Excelsior hotel.
– For Lunch and dinner we will be visiting restaurants like Mourga, Opsopeion Maganeie, and a plethora of local Greek Ouzeries. Thessaloniki offers great shopping for those who enjoy high fashion.
• Depart for Chalkidiki
– One day
– Stay at Sani Resort or Eagle resort.
– Chalkidiki is three peninsulas which feature verdant forests that give way to sandy beaches and turquoise water.
– We can enjoy lunch in a local waterfront tavern in Potidea. We will enjoy fresh fish and a magnificent view.
• Depart of Santorini from Thessaloniki airport.
– One day
– Visit Karamolegos winery for tasting and lunch
– Visit Argyros Winery
– Settle in hotel
– Enjoy drinks overlooking the volcano
– Dinner at Selini restaurant
• Depart for Athens
– Stay in the City Center
– Visit the Acropolis and the museum
– Lunch at a nearby local dive
– Dinner at Argoura restaurant
– Both restaurants are highlights.
• Depart for the US
• This trip is for six people for ten days – recommended trip be taken in April or May
• Fly into Thessaloniki
• Explore northern regions of Naoussa, and Nymfaio
• Spend a day in Kastoria, the international center of fur trade
• Explore Byzantine Churches of Thessaloniki
• Visit Santorini to explore 1-4 winery visits, 1-2 nights
• Depart from Athens and spend a day touring the Acropolis and the historic city
• You will need to fly to Santorini on Aegean Air
• Airfare not included
• Must be taken by April 30, 2021
• May not be redeemed for cash
• Please allow 120-days advance notice.
Tour and Appointments Provided by Sotiris Bafitis
Verity Wine Partners