MORE THAN A PAIR OF DUCKS!
Co-founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn in 1976, Duckhorn Vineyards has spent almost forty years establishing itself as one of North America’s premier producers of Napa Valley wines. From its modest inaugural vintage of 800 cases of Cabernet Sauvignon and 800 cases of Merlot in 1978, to its addition of Sauvignon Blanc in 1982, Duckhorn Vineyards has crafted a tradition of quality and excellence that continues today.
In 1990, after fifteen years of making word-class Bordeaux varietal wines, Dan and Margaret embraced their growing love of Pinot Noir. Their vision for Goldeneye was simple, though not easy. They wanted to found a winery that could make a terroir-inspired expression of California Pinot Noir of equal stature to the acclaimed Merlots they had pioneered in Napa Valley. For Pinot Noir, they believed that true greatness could be found on the cool-climate edges of modern California viticulture where the grape could express varietal purity and an intense sense of place. They found what they were looking for in Anderson Valley. Today, Goldeneye features the region’s preeminent Pinot Noir estate program.
Building on what they accomplished at Goldeneye, the Duckhorn’s founded Migration and released its first vintage in 2001. Embodying the lush elegance of the cool-climate winegrowing, Migration’s exploration of the great Burgundian varietals began in the Anderson Valley where the Duckhorn Wine Company owns 207 vine acres. Specializing in Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, winemaker Bo Felton crafts wines that are deeply connected to a specific place or region.
This lot is dinner for ten in your home featuring these fabulous wines. Long-time supporter of Très Bonne Année, Scott Finaly, regional manager for Duckhorn, will be your host for the evening to give a perspective on these wines. The Hilton’s 1700 Degrees culinary staff will create and serve a wonderful feast to complement the wines.
• Tutorial tasting of the Duckhorn portfolio to include wines from Goldeneye, Migration, Kosta Browne, Duckhorn, Parradux and Canvasback hosted by Scott Finaly of Duckhorn
• Four course dinner with Duckhorn wines
• This lot is date specific and will be held on March 20, 2020.
• This lot is to be bid as a Dutch auction. You will be bidding for two seats. All interested bidders will stand and will remain standing until the price is more than they care to bid. The last fifteen bidders standing will win. The bid price called will be the price for one seat. Winning bidders will pay for two seats.
• Maximum of fifteen winning bidders
• May not be redeemed for cash
Scott Finaly, Duckhorn Wines
Greenwood Hospitality Group, Hilton Harrisburg/ 1700 Degrees Steak House