“ANTINORI: 26 GENERATIONS AND COUNTING”
The Antinori family has been committed to the art of winemaking for over six centuries since 1385 when Giovanni di Piero Antinori became a member of the “Arte Fiorentina dei Vinattieri,” the Florentine Winemakers’ Guild. All throughout its history of twenty-six generations long, the Antinori family has managed the business directly, making innovative and sometimes bold decisions while upholding the utmost respect for traditions and the environment. In 1924, Niccolò Antinori scandalized Tuscany by making a Chianti containing Bordeaux wine varieties from a plot known as Tignanello. Niccolò retired in 1966, to be replaced by his son Piero who was even more innovative. He investigated different types of barrique, stainless steel vats, and malolactic fermentation of red wines.
Emboldened by the success of the 20% Bordeaux blend, Tignanello Antinori launched Solaia (containing 80% Cabernet Sauvignon) from the neighboring vineyard. For nearly fifty years, Piero was the driving force behind one of Italy’s biggest success stories, Marchesi Antinori Wines. He was a leader in the renaissance of all Italian wines. In addition to numerous properties in Tuscany and elsewhere in Italy, the Antinori family produces Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon at Antica (Antinori California) Winery in Napa. Today, Albiera Antinori is the president of Marchesi Antinori with the continuous close support of her two sisters, Allegra and Alessia, all actively involved in the business. Tradition, passion, and intuition are the three driving forces that led Marchesi Antinori to establish itself as one of the most important winemakers of elite Italian wine.
• 1 – 1.5 L 2015 Tignanello, Tuscany; WS 97, RP 96
• 1 – 1.5 L 2016 Tignanello, Tuscany; WS 97, RP 97
• 1 – 1.5 L 2013 Antica Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa; RP 94
• 1 – 750 ml 2016 Solaia Red Blend, Tuscany; RP 100
• 2 – 750 ml 2016 Tignanello, Tuscany; WS 97, RP 97
• 2 – 750 ml 2015 Marchesi Antinori Chianti Classico Riserva, Tuscany; WS 93
• 2 – 750 ml 2015 Villa Antinori Chianti Classico Riserva, Tuscany; WS 93
• 2 – 750 ml 2013 Pian delle Vigne Brunello di Montalcino; WS 93, WE 94
• 3 – 750 ml 2017 Cervaro della Sala Chardonnay, Umbria; JS 99
• 2 – 750 ml 2015 Antica Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa; JS 93
Donated by: Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits