FARMING IN NAPA VALLEY SINCE 1916
DINNER AND CONVERSATION WITH TOM GAMBLE
Napa native Tom Gamble is a farmer first. “My most lasting memory of childhood is dirt. Playing in dirt. Walking in dust behind the tractor. Wearing out the seats in my jeans sliding down shale hillsides. Wandering aimlessly on foot, horseback and mini-bike all summer long, enjoying everything the dirt and our climate gives to life.” His boyhood days often began before sunrise herding cattle, working irrigation lines and emulating older ranchers and farmers. Tom has always held fast to his Napa roots where the Gamble family arrived, four generations ago. Tom continued the family legacy, planting his first vineyard in 1981, and he continues to farm to this day. Gamble Family Vineyards is his opportunity to share with future generations the hard work of generations past.
Tom’s vineyards lie in the heart of the prestigious Oakville AVA adjacent to the renowned Opus One and Cardinale wineries. His ultra-premium wines are rich, ripe, silky, and reflective of the terroir. Oakville is the AVA that initially put Napa on the world map as a great wine-producing region. As you enjoy Tom’s limited quantity releases, you will immediately understand why.
This auction lot is a Dutch Auction for thirty guests hosted by Tom. Tom will showcase a cross section of his current release wines and will illustrate the variety of flavor profiles that exist within his various vineyard locations. Tom Gamble is a farmer first, which is fitting, because good wine begins on the vine.
• Multi-course dinner for thirty prepared by the acclaimed Hilton 1700 Degrees culinary team
• Hosted by Tom Gamble, Owner and Winemaker, Gamble Family Vineyards
• This lot will be date specific and will be held on a Saturday during the second quarter of 2020. Tom will provide a specific date by December 1, 2019.
• This lot is to be bid as a Dutch auction. You will be bidding for two seats. All interested bidders will stand and will remain standing until the price is more than they care to bid. The last fifteen bidders standing will win. The bid price called will be the price for one seat. Winning bidders will pay for two seats.
• Maximum of fifteen winning bidders
• May not be redeemed for cash.
Tom Gamble, Owner and Winemaker, Gamble Family Vineyards
Greenwood Hospitality / Hilton Harrisburg, 1700 Degrees Steak House