BILLECART BUBBLY BECKONS
Billecart-Salmon, a high quality, medium-sized Champagne house located in Mareuil-sur-Ay, France, is the oldest continuously family-owned Champagne House. Now in its 200th year, Billecart was founded in 1818 shortly after Nicolas Francois Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon married. It is notable that the house is one of the few that have remained family owned throughout its history. Since its inception, seven generations have succeeded each other in running the house. Motivated by a shared passion for wine, from vine to glass, each member of the family has brought their own personal touch to the house while always maintaining a visionary approach of giving utmost priority to quality and excellence.
The Champagne region of France is one of the most heavily praised and restricted wine regions on Earth. Located just north of Paris, it produces the worlds’ most famous and celebrated sparkling wines named after the region in which it is grown. One of the most beautiful areas of France, Champagne is also known as one of the main gastronomic centers. Enjoy the legacy of its glorious past, its rich traditions, and taste some of the most celebrated and festive wines.
You will enjoy three lovely nights in Epernay at the Hotel Royal Champagne – a Relais & Châteaux property. This recently refurbished coach house was one of Napoleon’s favorite stopovers and the perfect base from which to explore the glorious Champagne maisons. Or, you can simply order from the hotel’s wine cellar, which boasts no fewer than 220 exceptional brut and rosé vintages and crus. A perfect place to raise your glass is on the terrace, overlooking vines that extend as far as the eye can see.
Billecart-Salmon was ranked tenth among major Champagne houses by the Revue du vin de France. A magnum of Cuvee Nicolas-Francois Billecart 1959 won first place in judging for the Champagne of the Millenium when judged amongst 150 of the finest 20th century Champagnes. The magnum later sold for $3000.
This lot allows you to enjoy the breadth of quality and style that is represented by the Billecart portfolio. Enjoy! It’s always the right time for bubbly.
This lot is date specific and will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
• Multi-course dinner hosted by Pierre Chichportiche, Ambassador for Billecart-Salmon
• Billecart-Salmom NV Brut
• Billecart-Salmom NV Rosé
• Billecart-Salmom 2008 Vintage Extra Brut
• Billecart-Salmom 2007 Cuvée Elisabeth Rosé
• Billecart-Salmom 2007 Cuvée Louis Salmon Brut Blanc de Blancs
• This lot is date specific and will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
• This lot is to be bid as a Dutch auction. You will be bidding for two seats. All interested bidders will stand and will remain standing until the price is more than they care to bid. The last fifteen bidders standing will win. The bid price called will be the price for one seat. Winning bidders will pay for two seats.
• Maximum of fifteen winning bidders
• May not be redeemed for cash.
Donated by: Billecart-Salmon